Friday, October 31, 2008

Who's to blame for the credit mess this country is in?

I am.

No, I didn't buy a home with a sub-prime mortgage and fail to pay and no, I don't work for any financial firm nor did I think up any of these creative loan packafes or the debt crdit swap thing that is a disease carrier threatning to kill the world with financial ruin.

No, I don't owe more on my credit cards than I can repay. In fact, I rent and own no credit cards and I work for a retailer who just announced their best year in the history of the company.

I did buy a new car but I didn't incur any additional debt to do so and my wife works as well.

Why is it, when something goes wrong we start running around looking to see whose fault it is.

We looked for someone in the government to blame after Pearl Harbor. It was the Japanese stupid. It was a surprise attack.

We looked for someone to blame for 9/11. It was terroists. It was a surprise attack.

We are now looking for someone to blame for the financial cricis.

Now you have someone. feel better?

No comments: