Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Aggressive Drivers


Driving doesn't have to be as dangerous as it is but some people just get too aggressive on the roadways.  Aggressive drivers on the interstates are not the young people with fancy sports cars or souped up vehicles.  Aggressive drivers tend to be better educated and wealthier than the average citizen and tend to drive luxury cars particularly Mercedes.  BMW drivers are quite as bad but probably rank second as far as number of aggressive drivers.  Just what is it about  people who drive Mercedes that makes them believe they have the right to be in front. 
   Just for the fun of it I've driven eighty in a fifty five and still had a Mercedes tailgating me trying to get me to move out of his way.  Actually that's not true but I'm sure if I did someone in a Mercedes would think he has to go faster

   I just wonder if people think a sign that says "speed limit 70" is telling them 70 is the minimum speed they can drive?  I encounter enough drivers who do not know they are supposed to keep their vehicles between the lines except to pass. 

   I really don't mind cars that are traveling faster than  I am as long as they are driving reasonably.  It's the ones going 15 miles an hour above the posted speed limit or the ones that want to ride my bumper trying to intimidate me into moving over that make me uncomfortable on the roadways. 

   The other two kinds of maneuvers that irritate me involve turning and entering a highway.  The first is when I am approaching an intersection in which the  roadway is marked for a left   turn lane and the driver behind me tries to slip by me on the left   after I turn my signals on.  The other maneuver that bothers me is when I am leaving town and enter the entrance ramp to the interstate and the car behind me will always pass me as soon as we both get into lanes of traffic. 

   Drivers in Randleman, NC seem to be more prone to do this than anywhere else I have lived. 
 I'm sure we all have our pet peeves.  But of all the things people do on our streets and highways non of the maneuvers involve any particular kind of car except the aggressive highway driver. 
   Of course not all Mercedes drivers are aggressive drivers and not all aggressive drivers drive Mercedes.  But it does seem that drivers of Mercedes act like they are entitled to special privileges on the highways.

No comments: