Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My parents didn't teach me that.

The red headed controversial alderwoman from Randleman, NC posted a video of a Negro man
claiming that it was white people that decided to call him black but he didn't see color.  Yea right. 
First of all, the term "black" was first used by the Negro people but then they finally decided on being called African-American but recently have decided that they would just as soon be called black so do not blame white people for that one.  Back then white people had a name for them that is not politically correct today. 
  Secondly, my parents didn't teach me to call people names.  I didn't learn to call people japs, or spics, or wetbacks, or any other derogatory name.  They did teach me the song, "Red, yellow, black, or white they are precious in his sight.  Jesus loves the little children of the world."  Do they get credit for that? 
  Thirdly, black people are just as prejudice as white people are.  White people just happen to be the majority and hold political and economic dominance  but if the situation had been reversed then we would be the oppressed ones. 
  I served in the military overseas and in areas that had never seen white or black people before a military base was put near where they lived or they happened to move to the area.  It certainly wasn't my parents that taught them negative things.  It seems many of them learned these things from observing the behavior of people. 
  I detest irreverent people but I like people that act descent.  I don't care what you look like or what color your are or where you are from.  I do care how you act.  
 

No comments: