Saturday, November 05, 2016

Still Recovering

    I'm still recovering from hand surgery.  As I have mentioned before I suffer from Dupredrenes Contracture, a disease that affections a small percentage of while males in which the little and ring finger of either or both hands will begin to curl towards the palm.   Even though one can feel little pricks now and then the process is slow and non painful.  My little finger on my left hand had been locked into one position  for so long that it can no longer be straightened.  The surgeon did manage to free it from my palm; however, he said that if it pulls down to the palm again that it cannot be operated on the third time.  I will definitely lose the finger I was told.  What he doesn't understand is I wanted the finger removed the first and second time this operation was done.  It is so inconvenient to have ones little finger stuck on the palm of their hand.
   Last week I was supposed to get my third shot for macular degeneration but the doctor said that giving me my "eyeball" shot would interfere with the healing of my hand.  I discussed this with my hand surgeon and he has given his okay to continue the eye treatment. 
  Because of my hand surgery I have been unable to go to the pool so yesterday I decided to walk the 1/2mile track at the Y.  I made nine laps in 61 minutes.  I tried my best to do it in an hour but my shoe became untied.  I don't know if that slowed me down or not but it sure didn't help.  Anyway, my distance and time means that I walked at a pace slightly under 4.5 miles per hour.  That's not a bad clip, especially for a person 5 days away from their 70th birthday.

No comments: