Wednesday, June 26, 2019

She's not my America

The American Women's soccer team has a lady playing for them who has pink hair and refuses to stand for the National Anthem.  I just read an article claiming  that  in spite of her controversial attitude and hair color. or rather because she is so unconventional, she is actually the true face of America.
  She is not my America and the America of today is not the America I grew up in nor the America I fought for and was willing to die for.  I grew up in a more conservative and more religious America.  Although it wasn't a perfect America it was a good America.
  If this woman truly loves America, as the journalist claims she does, then why is she disrespectful towards our National Anthem and the Flag.  Paying respect to the flag and to our Anthem is paying respect to America, it's values, and to the men and women who fought for this country.  There are still many things wrong with this country.
   No, I don't want abortion to be illegal but I do believe that many women who seek abortions should have, and could have, made better choices before they got pregnant.  Yes, I feel sorry for the poor and wretched from impoverished countries that seek a better life in America but I also respect or countries laws and do believe there is a better way to get settled in this country and for us who are forced to become their neighbors.  If they are honest, hard working people seeking to better their lives and that of their families then we can find a way to welcome them but if they are law breaking, gun toting, drug dealers and everyday common thugs, by all means keep them out.  
  There was a time when Americans could sit down and air their difference and work out a solution without name calling but it seems almost impossible for that to happen today.  That is why MSN no longer allows comments on it's web site and Yahoo requires a person to register before allowing them to comment.
  Yes this woman is a great athlete and yes she has pink hair ( it's pretty) and yes, she cares less about
about me and my feeling about her than she does about me but she is not America personified by one person.  Not even close.

No comments: