Monday, June 22, 2009

What does that mean?

President Barack Obama said the U.S. is ready to cope with "any contingencies"

The above was said in response to Kim Il's threat to consider boarding a North Korean ship an act of war. When I step out my back door the birds on the bird feeder fly away. Ready to cope is political double-speak for "I don't know what the hell I will do but I'll convince the American public that even if I'm frozen in fear it was the "right thing to do" and "change you can believe in."

I just wonder is pulling the troops from one war zone to another war zone will allow the one zone's fire to flare up again and put us in the position of fighting two unwinnable wars. Maybe we should just declare bin Laden legally dead since he hasn't been seen in seven years. The only way to prove he isn't is to appear live and in person to the masses and then we can kill him for sure.

Maybe the campaign slogan for the next President can be "a person you can trust." I certainly don't trust this one.

No comments: