Saturday, September 05, 2009

Contaminated Food Products

I always read stories of contaminated food with skepticism, especially those occurring at fast food restaurants and sealed containers, like one in the news now about a frog being in a can of diet Pepsi. I'm more willing to believe a story if it occurs in a regular restarant or in a place like an office where one worker doctor's up the coffee.

One story of contaminated foord involving a drink can I know is true because it happened to me. It was 1072 and I was in the US Navy aboard the USS Midway in the Gulf of Tonkin. One interprising sailor had a small refrigarator in ths quarters and sold soft drinks. I purchased a pepsi from him and I heard a rattling sound while taking the drink back to my bunk. It turned out that there was a quarter (25 cent piece) in the bottom of the can. I was a little shocked and somewhat miffed at having a foreign object in my soda but relieved it was something of value.

No comments: