Sunday, February 07, 2010

A present from Santa Claus

I wanted an apple peeler and have for a good number of years but no one wanted to get me one so this year "Santa Claus" (a.k.a. me) left me one under my Christmas tree.

I purchased it at Melvin's of Randleman (which I call Macy's). I may have been able to get one online for less or one that did more (mine peels, slices and cores ) but I helped the local economy, didn't shop at Wal-mart and got exactly what I wanted.

I seldom peel my apples but love them in a salad. Just core one and then quarter the slices and it is perfect for a salad.

If you have never been in Macy's it is worth the trip. While at it, stop in the Firestone store on the same block. You just have to check out the TV that is in the back.

It's instant time travel.

No comments: