Sunday, September 05, 2010

Spring cleaning





Once upon a time it dawned on pond owners thar inspite of due deligence in pond maintenance, one still had to pull the liner out from time to time and give the pond a good cleaning. Normally pond cleaning is done in the spring to remove fallen leaves but I didn't clean mine this spring and with my water level low, I decided not only to clean the pond but to dig it deeper since my fish have grown large and had babies.

I caught the bigger fish and put into the little pond. I knew they wouldn't be happy but they will really enjoy their new home once I get it ready for them. It took me over an hour to catch all the little baby goldfish wish I could have saved them all, but there is always collateral damage no matter how careful one is.

It was getting to dark to continue working last night so I came inside, changed out of my wet clothes, took a shower, and sat down to my computer when someone knocked on my door. It was my neighbor and she was holding Showa. "Tyler found your fish,." shed said.

Fish will do that you know. Unhappy fish will try to leave their environment and showa jumped out of the small pond and flopped down to the neighbors yard. Their five year old, Tyler, saw my fish and told his mother.

I owe him a reward.

The fish can go home once the pond is put back together and we have a good rain.

No comments: