Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tracfone

It took 6 days and several hours on the phone to get my new phone to work.  My frustration level was getting high.  Lately it seems there have been several things that have tried my patience the latest being the funeral tomorrow.  I'm of the nature that I will help people with just about anything if I know they really need help and are appreciative.  I will not be used to do things for a person who is quite capable of doing for themselves just because they are to lazy or to cheap.

I make video tapes at the church for shut-ins.  I originally started doing this at my own expense but the pastor wanted copies for his own record so the church purchased the DVD's.  The camera, tripod and computer all belong to me,  I give my time for free.  Two years in I had a woman ask me to make her a DVD to share with her family.  I agreed thinking it was a one time thing but now she wants one every service and I believe her family uses the DVD's as an excuse not to come to church. 

Now another member asked the pastor to tell me to videotape his brothers funeral.  I am upset by this for several reasons.  First and foremost, if he needs me to do something then he should ask me.  If I was being paid by the church or using church equipment and videoing was part of my duties then he is right in asking the pastor but that isn't the case.  The pastor should have told him to talk it over with me.    If I was in agreement to do this thing then I need to know exactly what he is expecting.  I have already informed him that I don't do funerals so his going around me is doubly offensive.   

No comments: