Saturday, December 07, 2013

One cannot outgive God

If there is one thing I've learned in the past few years is that God honors His promises, even the ones involving money.  When my wife suffered her traumatic brain injury just a little over a year ago we not only were faced with medical bills but also the loss of her income.  When we were just about out of money I was supplied with enough pay off our bills and enough to allow myself a monthly allowance.  While it is true  that the money was mine all along it is equally true that I did not know about it and the money could not have come at a more appropriate time. 

My wife hasn't liked my pickup truck especially since I purchased the van.  The reason I purchased it in the first place is so she would be more comfortable when she went with me when I go and visit my mom.  I told her I would sell it and get a trailer and hitch for the van.  That would be good for me since the mower was hard to load onto the back of my pickup and I am getting older and it was getting harder and more dangerous for me to continue transporting the mower in that manner.

Of course, never having had the need to transport stuff via trailer before I had no idea what was involved.  I sold my truck for the amount of money I needed to purchased the trailer and hitch with just a little left over.  What I didn't know is what little I would have left over the state would want. 
I sold my truck for $1100.00.  A place I talked to about fixing the hitch and trailer wanted $375.00  for the hitch installation and $799.00 for the trailer.  With tax that comes to over $1250.00. 
I figured $20.00 for a tag and I'd be done but no, there is a $40.00 fee and road use tax and an increase on my car insurance policy.  "Whoa, that's a little more than I want to spend to mow grass that I'm not compensated for doing," I thought.  And especially after I purchased the mower and weed eater out of my on pocket as well. 

I started doing some research and found a place in Asheboro that did the job on the hitch for $245.00
and I bought the trailer at Lows on sale for $599.00 plus they gave me a 10% discount for being a veteran.  Even with the $127.00 I had to pay the state my total outlay was just a little over $900.00.  My research saved me almost $500.00.  Still, with the cost of the mower and weed eater and the trailer and hitch I am in the hole over $2000.00 to mow the grass for no compensation. 

Well, the day after I spent all the money there was a deposit in my checking account to more than enough to cover my recent outlay with a couple hundred left over. 

Isn't God good? 

2 comments:

dsprl2000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dsprl2000 said...

I know that the promise God made about supplying our needs is more about supplying our spiritual needs than physical or financial but God will provide for them also if we do what we are supposed to do.