Sunday, December 01, 2013

Duke beats UNC

For years I listened to the Duke Blue Devils play football.  I worked on weekends so I had to catch the games on radio while at meal break or on my way home from work. Duke was my favorite team to listen too.  Even though they lost more often than won--a lot more often, Duke seemed to make the games interesting.
 Now I'm not one of those people who pull for one team and every other team can rot. It seems a given that if you love Duke you will hate UNC and if you love UNC you will hate Duke.  I'll pull for Duke first, the any other NC team, then an ACC team then a southern team.  I'm just not quite sure what to do with Florida.  Are they really Southern?
Anyway, I'm sorry UNC lost since they had a good winning streak going and their seniors deserved  a win as much as anyone.  But I'm still glad Duke won.  I remember a few years ago when they were ranked something like 296th out of 298 teams or something sucky like that and now they are ranked in the top 25.  Awesome. 
The sad part of the story is since I'm retired I never listen to them play on the radio anymore.  I don't think I own one except in my vehicles and I'm not sitting outside by myself  running a vehicle engine just to listen to a football game.  Anyway, congrats to Duke and my heart bleeds Carolina blue for UNC.

No comments: