Monday, March 07, 2016

Remodel almost complete

    I'm going to Hickory tomorrow and pick up the counter tops.  Once they are installed the remodel will be complete.  Of course there is still plenty of work to be done, the hardest of which will be the clean-up.  I have an out building to paint, grass to plant, and  china cabinet glass to replace and furniture and stuff to arrange and window to wash. 
  There is, of course, things I wanted done I couldn't get done like the flooring in the kitchen and bathroom replaced, a dishwasher installed, and the yard professional landscaped, and the stumps ground, but some of that will come in due time.  I had the money to get all the undone stuff completed but because of time constraints most of Moms money went to pay the Bryan Center and Omnicare.  If all the money had been available from the start and I could have paid for everything up front then I could have completed all the necessary projects. 
   I know Lowes refused to replace the bathroom and kitchen flooring but I could have found someone to do it.  But things are were thy are and I did the best I could under the circumstances.  The house is much improved and I believe all the work and aggravation   was worth it to get the final results. 

No comments: