Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lazy?

      A change I've noticed about the news one see on the internet is that there more videos than ever. I can see two reasons why.  If the provider can get you to watch a video of a story you are interested in it can force you to watch a commercial first.  I've also noted that some commercials allow you to opt out after a few seconds so forcing us to watch a commercial isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I think American youth have gotten so lazy we don't want to read anymore and the shortened commercials reflect their shorter attentions spans.  If they have to watch for the entire commercial they will opt out and not watch at all. 

   Unless what you are talking about has to be shown, I would much rather read than watch.  The biggest problem with reading nowadays is too few of the writers of server news know how to write to hold a person's interest.  Is communicating through the written word becoming a lost art?  It sure seems so.

No comments: