Saturday, August 20, 2016

Roy Cooper vs. the truth

  I don't know Roy Cooper but I do know he is the current Attorney General of NC and is running for Governor of North Carolina.  I have no idea what party he belongs to.  I do +know he has an ad on TV in which he brags about improving the conditions at the State Crime lab, eliminating the bag log of DNA samples waiting to be tested.   
   I also know that in September of 2015 a man broke into my mother's home while she was there sleeping.  He entered the home through a window he broke and while doing so he cut himself and left DNA on the window, on some money he dropped while fleeing and in several other places in the home.  In other to have an air tight case the prosecutor wants to have the DNA evidence but after a year the State Crime Lab is too far behind so the Police Department in Hickory elected to send the evidence to a private lab so they can move forward with the case. 
   Based on what I know to be true I can say that while conditions at the State Crime Lab may have improved they are still far worse than Roy Cooper would have us to believe. 

No comments: