Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Extra Income

I'm retired and receive enough money to replace what I had earned when I worked/  However my wife suffered a brain aneurysm 3 years back so her income has dropped significantly.  Our income is enough to sustain us  but doesn't leave much room for extras.  I had written a book a few years back but it has all but stopped producing income and the articles I had published were one time deals.  I did write some for the local paper but those were free-bee articles. 
  I thought about taking a job but I really hate the thought of punching a time clock again.  Writing won't do it for several reasons:  I don't have the great American novel inside me and the competition is stiff for paying positions  and those would probably go to the younger crowd who are better trained and more ambitious. 
   I suppose I could generate revenue by putting ads on my blog but then I would have to get wildly popular and what I am expert at  isn't in big demand.  
   I guess I'll just suck it up and deal with it. 

No comments: