Sunday, March 19, 2017

Random acts of kindness

  I had just finished a visit home after "a" school and was heading to Charlotte to catch an Eastern flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico  for my first duty station.  Mom was driving but two girls in a car in front of us keep waving at me.  Made me feel good but I know it was my dress blues that they found attractive.   While boarding the plane, the stewardess that checked my ticket said she would come sit with me once the plane took off  and then the stewardess standing at the entrance to the second class section told me to have a seat in first class. 
  Never in my life have I ever been treated so kind, before or afterwards.  I was really sad when Eastern Airlines went out of business but it was the kindness of those ladies who gave comfort to a sailor leaving America for the first time.  It's been fifty years now but I still feel good when I think of them.

No comments: