Thursday, January 11, 2018

Is it a puzzle or a mystery?

'I am the light" by Danny Hahlbohm is the featured art in a 1,000 piece puzzle produced by S8unsout.  The scene is a light house a night during rough seas with the image of a pair of hands in the background.  For the most part the puzzle is blue and black.  The rocks have streaks of gold and some of the water has green in it but for 90% of the puzzle is just various shades of blue.  many pieces are solid blue or solid black.
    Putting together a 1,000 piece puzzle is a challenge in and of itself but through in solid colors and it because more difficult.  But it isn't the one color theme that makes this puzzle so challenging .  It's the interchangeable pieces.  I put together a whole section of border and two layers of pieces underneath that only to discover that none of the pieces were in the correct place.  I have never put together a puzzle with so many pieces that fit where they didn't belong.
   I'm not a puzzle champ by any means but I have put together my fair share of puzzles and many of them difficult but it would take an Adrian Monk to be considered competent with this one.  I've already been at this one a month and I am about 50% done.  I finally managed to get the light house connect with the border but only after discovering the border and surrounding pieces were put together wrong even though they fit together perfectly.
  My goal is 10 pieces a day.  Today I thought I had my 10 pieces but after discovering the error I may have backed up some.  Well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: