Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine's Day

  Took my wife to Americas Roadhouse express for their Valentines day special and it was well worth the price.  An appetizer, choice of seafood or ribeye, salad, and desert which was a large slab of volcano cake, 3 scoops of ice cream all drizzled in fudge.
   Today, the 16th, we went to Academy Street Baptist Church for their Valentines Day Banquet.  It is actually open to the public.  We had spaghetti and a salad and desert.  Afterwards we played some fun games like stuff the tote and some games that were two player games where one describes an object, an animal or a person and the partner   tries to guess.
  Believe it or not the women won the majority of the games that were most physical while the men took an unsurmountable lead in the more intellectual contests and winning the night.
  I was disappointed we only had two visitors, a former member and her son.  They now attend the church I went to for many years before coming to Academy Street.  I certainly will not make an effort to influence them on where to go to church.  I love both churches and I have worked hard for my previous church and I still pray for them and support them.
  We are having some events that perhaps more people will feel more comfortable attending.  We are have "The Anchormen" of March 17th and our revival begins April 1.  The last time the Anchormen were at our church we had a full house.  Come early, stay late and let's get to know one another.  It's not our church it's God's house and you are as welcomed there as I am.
   If you live in Randleman, chances are I've given you a gospel tract.  if I haven't I'll probably get to you sooner or later.  Until then, remember God loves you and so do I.

No comments: