Friday, March 01, 2019

Why I left my job

  An interesting article on reasons people quit their jobs.  I've held plenty of jobs over the years and the reasons I left are as varied as the jobs were.  My first job I was fired and rehired in just a matter of a few minutes.  Some places I worked went out of business.  I was fired from a part-time job once because the company decided that they wanted to make second shift a full time shift and this was my second job.  I had one job I took on a temporary bases berceuse I needed to earn "x" amount of money in  a short period of time.  There has been other jobs and other parting of the ways but my last job was one which I liked and the company liked me.
   One day, however, my boss made a derogatory remark to me.  Something to the effect that "this is my bar and I'll decide when last call will be".  I turned in my notice before leaving for the day.  No regrets.  I've always taken pride in my work and did what the job required, no matter how hard, with no complaints or grumbling.   I've always treated my co-workers and my bosses with respect and I always tried to earn the respect I wanted.  But that off handed comment was more than I wanted to deal with.  I was old enough to retire so instead of shrugging that one off as a momentary lapse in judgement on my bosses part I just retired.
   So glad I did.

No comments: