Thursday, September 19, 2019

Back in the Saddle

  I had gotten into the stock market via my 401k in the waning days of George Bush and was making a little money until the big stock market crash.  Even though I watched my saving diminish daily I actually increased the percentage of my paycheck that I purchased stocks with.  I saw my investment fall from $21,000.00 to just over $12,000.00.  After Obama took office the stock market started to recovery and when it was all said and done, I had $51,000.00.
  Truth be told, only about $6,000.00 of that was actually my money.  About $15,000.00 was company match and the remainder was market increase.  When I retired I spent some of the money to pay all  my debts and some to update my home.  Of course there was the mandatory withdrawals and some extra spending money to enjoy life with.  I didn't invest any in the stock market since I retired and now all that is left of my 401k is a few bonds.  Old people don't get stocks through their retirement account.
  Well, I decided to invest back in the stock market in stocks, not bonds.  My profit in the bond market is zero which means I am losing money at the rate of inflation.  I invested 10,000.00  or actually $2500.00 in each of 4 diverse accounts.  So far I have made $427,00 in 9 days.  I was hoping for $700.00 for the year  which I will still be happy with.  At the current rate I will make double my original investment.
  oddest thing is this is supposed to be a bad time of invest.  And it may very well turn out to be that way.

No comments: