Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Problem Cat

  I have two cats.  One is a Maine Coon who is a runt but the sweetest cat I've ever taken care of.  The other is a short-haired domestic tortoise shell who is strange my anyone's standard.  Besides the quirkiness of the breed, this cat was raised with a ferret which I think may have made this cat even stranger.
  She has been in my household for about eight years now.  Up until recently her quirkiness has provided us with plenty of laughs.    (She sneaks up on everything, drinks water my dipping her paws in the water then licking her paw, and will not let anyone pick her up)  Recently she has developed a bad habit I'm at a loss over how to fix.
  She will pee in the liter box then get out and take a dump on a rug and then fold the rug over to cover her poop.  I have three litter boxes and they are cleaned twice a day at least and they are filled with the same litter that I have always used.
  Can anyone tell me why and what to do to correct this behavior?

No comments: