Saturday, February 07, 2009

Unconventional Wisdom

One may question my sanity in purchasing a house in this uncertain times but I have learned two things in life: one never succeeds unless he takes a chance and most people are idiots. Now you may think I am being unfairly judgemental in my last statement but chances are very good that you would be better off ignoring what the majority do and even do the opposite. Just think of all the problems that could have been avoided if people were not idiots.

Who in their right mind is going to offer a complete stranger twice as much money as he needs at a ridiculosly low interest rate to purchase a piece of property he doesn't need and you know he can't afford and then not even attempt to qualify that person for the loan. What person is going to accept a loan to purchase a piece of property he knows he can't afford just because someone is going to loan him the money?

Well, for you people, I want you to know that my Dad died and left me 2.225 milion dollars but I can't touch it because the government will cease it but if you will send me your banking information and an additional $5,000.00 in transfer fees, I'll give you 10% of that money.

Last year the government gave you a stimulas check but some saved it . Now, 50% of tax professionals and 1 out of 6 other tax filers have tried to pay income tax on that stimulas check. There will be time enough to pay taxes after the Obama plan has to chance to put us and this country so deeply in debt that our great grand children will have to work two jobs to pay it off.

Anyway, the guy that purchased a $100,000 house for $120,000 and then couldn't afford the payments when his ARM doubled and now has lost his job because his foreclosure has caused the economy to shrink had to sell me his house for half its value and I got a great interest rate and even though the banks aren't lending money now (so the media says) I had no trouble securing a loan the day I applied because my wife and I have excellent credit because we don;t abuse credit and credit cards as many people do.

I do suppose idiots was too strong a word to use. Many foolish would have been a better choice.

No comments: