Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recovery of economy

Word has it that it will take the stock market another five to ten years to fully recover from the bursting of the bubble. (two years ago, a panel of economists on NPR said the bursting of the bubble would be a slow leak-that turned out to be totally wrong).

For me that seems to be good news. So far my retirement stocks have increased in value 150% since February 16, 2009 so I have not only recovered all that was lost but gained a good percentage as well. It was hard to stay in the market but with a few tweaks here and there it has paid off. I have a car payment on one car and my mortgage but otherwise I live on a pay as I go plan. Sometimes it is tempting to borrow money on a credit card to buy some things I need to finish a few projects around the house but I am able to resist. I work too hard for my money to be giving any of my meagar wages to someone else.

If I could pay the balance off within 30 days the I can save enough money in that time period to pay cash for what I want. So far, the economic crisis has worked in my favor. My savings have increased dramatically and I was able to afford a home at a very good price. Now if only I could sell my mountain property.

No comments: