Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vacation





One of my favorite ways of enjoying time off from work is to stay at home and do those things that you say you want to do but never have time. This year my wife and I went fishing in the new lake in Randleman, took in two baseball games, had some friends over for a cookout on my new grill, went to Raleigh for the pig picking and bluegrass festival (mighty good barbecue, mighty good) and plan on taking in a production at the barn dinner theater this afternoon.

I also got some work done. I'm having my new playhouse wired and I dug the trench. It's a narrow hole, eighteen inches deep and about thirty feet long. If I had to pay to have it dug, it would have cost me $400.00 or more whether it had been hand dug or a trencher used.

It's a good thing I look at digging as a good form of exercise. Really, it wasn't that bad except for the rain. I dug about half the trench on Thursday and finished the rest yesterday after having to pump the rainwater out of the trench. It seems that working in red clay for a two day job is a sure way to make it rain.

No comments: