Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Candy Crush Saga

The game by King made famous on Facebook is addictive and one could easily spend a small fortune on it trying to win.  Personally I refused to spend a dime.  I have made it through level 125 on regular Candy Crush and through 48 on Dreamland.  If you haven't played Dreamland give it a try.  It is different and starts off really easy but quickly becomes harder.  There is a bird that sits in a nest and it hold two eggs, each a different color.  When a person connects three eggs in a row (or more) of one of the two colors the basket tips towards that color.  If a player connects eggs of a certain color too many times in a row the bird falls out of the nest and the game is over. 
   A prearranged times the bird will fly out of the nest and the board goes crazy or a few seconds then the bird flies back into the nest and the nest eggs change colors.  The higher the round the farther the nest tips with each connection and the less often the bird flies out on its own to set the board free-wheeling.  Round 47 was extremely hard for me but I made 48 the first try. 
    In regular Candy Crush I found level 123 to be almost impossible but 124 and 125 were a breeze. 
If you haven't played Candy Crush Saga in awhile there is a new feature.  I don't know if it starts at  level one or at a higher lever but once a day a player can spin the wheel and get a free booster.  On a really hard level one could spin the wheel several days in a row without using the booster to enhance their chances of winning.  Some boosters one can use whenever you want so one can play and still save the booster for another day but other boosters, like the chocolate sprinkle ball have to be used the very game in which you claim your prize. 
  The game is a challenge and it does give me something to do when I need a break from studying and I'm stuck inside because of the nasty weather.  To tell the truth I would have quit long ago if my step son had not made it to level 441.  I have no aspirations to beat that level.  In fact I'm satisfied with 125 on regular candy crush.  I would like to get to 50 before I quit on Dreamland. 

No comments: