Thursday, January 02, 2014

worst gift ever

What is the worst gift you have ever given or received?  As for myself, that is an easy one.  My first wife was Oriental and we had only been married a short time when I received transfer papers that sent me to an aircraft carrier serving in Vietnam.  Being young and stupid, plus being stuck aboard an aircraft carrier with a very limited selection of stuff for females, I purchased a ladies electric razor for her as a gift.  I forgot, oriental women don't grow hair.  (In my defense, my next gifts to her were a bottle of perfume, retail price $480.00 an ounce and a cashmere sweater and she liked neither.)

    The worst gift I ever received was an object about 2" in diameter and about 4" high.  The object has a wooden base with a glass dome.  It was purchased at Belks for $3.25 after having been marked down 3 times from its original price of $12.50.  I know this because the price stickers were left on the thing.  I believe the gift was meant as an insult.  If so, it succeeded.  

No comments: