Monday, February 17, 2014

weather was hard, illness even harder

I enjoyed the snow but I hate not being able to get out.  Now that I'm retired I don't have the excuse of 'I have a job I have to get too".  Being older I also have to be more cautious about what I do. 

Back in 1985 I missed a day of work because I felt like crap.  That wasn't the only day I have been sick in my adult life.  Good fortune or not, it seems all my illnesses came when I was on vacation or over an extended period of off time, like a three day weekend.  I never missed a day of work, save that one, due to sickness. 

  Colds, flu, and feeling bad are foreign to me so this sinus thing I've had for about a week is baffling me.  winter has always been hard on my sinuses but a spray bottle of saline solution usually does the trick.  But for the past week, my sinuses have drained so  much that at times I thought I would drown.  Even when my nasal passages would open up, there was a constant drainage down my throat and I would cough so much it hurt.  The drainage and the coughing has left my throat so strained that I had to forgo teaching my Sunday School class today. 

  I purchased some regular nasal spray but the directions say no to use more than three days and not to use if you have high blood pressure or are a diabetic without consulting a doctor.  I do have an appointment:  next month.

   The time this stuff is the worst is   when I crawl into bed.  I either can't breath, can't stop coughing, or can't shut the mucus faucet off. 

   I don't have a fever, don't know what his crude is and have no idea come long it will last or how to treat it.  I do know I'm ready to be done with it. 

No comments: