Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Unintelligent response

     I wrote in response to some ones question or comment about "gay marriage".  My statement was as follows "Gay means happy.  I prefer to call things what they really are and in this case the proper word is homosexual.  Homosexuals claim they are born that way.  I'm not going to dispute that.  All humans are born with flaws.  No one has every had to teach a child to lie.  And when a situation presents itself children will steal.  No one has to teach them to do that either.  Parents and other adults have the task of teaching children  to do the right thing.  They just naturally will do the wrong thing if they view it to their benefit.  Being born with a flaw doesn't mean that we have to continue with that behavior when we are adults.

   Some responded to that statement by saying "Well then, you can't call yourself Christian.  You have to call yourself Neo-Jewish."  I've never heard the term Neo-Jewish.  I've heard of Neo-Nazi, of which I am not one.  No where in my statement did I claim to be a Christian, Jewish, or white.  I did not state religious beliefs or opinions.  I stated facts.  I no of no person who ever lived (except for Christ) that has never told a lie.  I don't have to know ever person to claim by statement is true.  Just like 'no two snowflakes are alike is true based on sampling, my statement that no one ever had to teach a child to lie is also true. 

   I didn't even state, or even imply, that homosexuality was wrong.  I do think it is as wrong to call homosexuals gay as it is to call people wops, or spics, or japs, or crackers, or fags, or anything that is not what they really are.  The only thing I claimed in my statement is that just because a person "is born' with certain urges or feelings doesn't mean they have to practice that when they become an adult.  A homosexual may always be gay but a homosexual doesn't have to practice homosexuality any more than  a heterosexual person has to have sexual relationships when they become an adult.  Both the homosexual and the heterosexual person can remain celibate if they so desire.

   Now, exactly why would the man claim I could not call myself a Christian?  I believe his was an unintelligent response. 

No comments: