Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Eleven Happy Years

     Gorgeous wives of the NFL the headline enticed.  Yea, I know, all us men want a beautiful wife.  My first wife was just that.  She was just a little thing and she looked so child like.  I was once accused of robbing the cradle even though we were the same age.  I quit taking her to nightclubs because someone would always threaten to beat me up if I ever hurt her.  When she cheated on me it was with a man half her age, literally.  She was 42 and he was 21.  That's right, she cheated on me.
    My current wife is far from a beauty queen.  She suffers from involuntary movement and curvature of the spine and is a little hefty around the middle and she doesn't make friends nearly as easily as my first wife did  as she is quieter and has higher expectations of people.  But she is an absolute joy and I wouldn't swap her for my first wife on her best day or for any beauty anywhere. 
   Would I prefer that she be better looking?  It doesn't matter to me unless if her being pretty would change who she was I'd rather her to remain as she is.  I always clean my car before I take her out.  I open the car door for her, always let her go in the house first, and always stand at the bottom of the steps before she walks down so I can catch her if she falls.  I almost lost her once but God gave her back.  His gift to me is most precious.  She may not be a beauty to you but she is a precious gem to me. 

No comments: