Wednesday, December 16, 2015

getting closer

Yes, that could mean the holidays, especially Christmas, but that isn't what I am referring to.  I've been trying to consolidate Mom's money into one account, spend as much on repairs to the house, and get her as close to $2,000 before the deadline set by Medicaid.  I just don't like giving her hard earned money to the government while the house she cherished for so many years crumbles around us and her children inheriting a dilapidated house that one would have to spend a fortune on to unload. 
  The hardest part is trying to hire someone to do the work.  So far I hired a painting crew and Window World.  I can't find an electrician to  change the fuse box to a circuit breaker, someone to cut down three trees, or a paving company willing to give me an estimate on a paving job.  Just try finding someone to fix a ventilation system  for a stove without a range hood. 
  By fixing up the house I can save some of the money for Mom's heirs but I really only have until the 20th to get everything done.  Can't even consolidate money or find companies willing to work in that short period of time.  I thought Americans have been begging for work in our sluggish economy. 
Apparently not.

No comments: