Monday, December 21, 2015

I had no idea how working late would make me feel

   I was in Hickory Tuesday and Wednesday while the painting crew was there .  I worked on raking leaves Tuesday and earned myself a few blisters for my efforts.  Wednesday I took the hardware off the kitchen cabinets to get them ready for painting.  I made the trip to the store to purchase all the supplies I would need to get the job done. 
   I left home at 4:30 for the two hour drive to Hickory and began work as soon as I got there.  I took my first break at 4 pm. because I needed to get hoses for the new washer and I picked up something to eat at Popeyes.  The chicken tenders were good and the buffalo dipping sauce was the boss.  I was feeling tired then but I really wanted to get the painting finished.  I had planned to paint one side of the cabinets and all the walls then get some rest and finish the job Friday morning but I wasn't about to sleep in Mom's room and the guest bed was made up so pretty I just couldn't mess it up because I knew I could never make it up correctly.  I normally sleep on the couch but I had it full of boxes so I decided to just keep working. 
  I really wasn't aware of the time as I worked.  I finished painting and put all the hardware back on the doors and even hung the doors and cleaned the kitchen.  It was then I checked the time and realized it was 2:30 am.  Too tired to sleep I decided to head for home and with the aid of coffee I made it home by 4:30.  I went straight to bed but I was so sore and tired that I found it hard to rest.  Saturday was awful and I didn't feel much better on Sunday.  Still a little off center today.  I guess I'm just to old to be doing what I did daily a decade ago. 

No comments: