Friday, June 10, 2016

Do you ever feel lke screaming?

  A friend of mine has some strange ideas when it comes to interpreting scripture, which is okay, but when a person begins any discussion with "you will never convince me" then he is right.  It is okay to feel strongly that your interpretation is the correct one.  For example there are those who believe that a person can lose their salvation,  I know husbands and wives can fall out of love and no one can tell me when a couple has crossed the line from love to disinterest or hate and the union broken.  That is why one should never take their spouse for granted.  Even if one does everything right in a marriage it can still fail because your actions don't necessarily dictate the response one desire from their partner.  I have read letters that state " I love my spouse and they do every thing right but....".
 We know when it comes to relationships we need to respond to our partner in the way they want to be responded to rather than by a set of rules.  And so it is with Christianity.  We are taught by scriptures that being a Christian is a relationship with Christ and not adherence to a set of rules, regulations, and laws.  My pastors favorite saying is "You must be born right and live right in order to die right."  That is like saying that you must toe the line or you could lose your salvation.  Just exactly what does one have to do to lose their salvation?  Our preacher and youth minister are fond of saying "if your salvation doesn't take you to church I doubt it will take you to heaven"  I am aware the bible says "not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together" but how many church services can one miss before their salvation is lost?  Is this what we should be teaching people? 
   There is a fellow in the church who claims that one can lose their salvation "and you can't convince me otherwise."   Personally I don't want to be in a relationship with anyone I can't depend on  nor do I want to be in a relationship with someone who lives contrary to what they profess to stand for.  One gentleman in the church believes when Jesus turned the water into wine he was providing alcohol to an all ready bunch of drunks.  Jesus is God and it is unfathomable that God would do things contrary to his nature.  It is made abundantly clear in the Old Testament that getting drunk is displeasing to God and an even greater displeasure is shown to the man who puts strong drink to his neighbors lips. 
  In spite of what God has claimed for 2,000 years he hates, in His first act as a man He violates His very principles.  The wedding was a religious ceremony and fermented wine was not allowed to be served.  Jewish custom did not provide for fermentation of the wine as we know it today. 
  I'm not going to run the biblical references for you but I will give you the scriptures. 
Numbers 13:23, Psalms 104:15, Nehemiah 10:37, Isaiah 16:10, Isaiah 65:8, Jeremiah 40!), and Habakkuk 2:15.     I think it should become clear that wine and grape juice can be the same thing as no juice of the grape is fermented wine while still in the grape. 

No comments: