Tuesday, June 28, 2016

What paet of customer service do you understand?

I had a great time at Cherokee this past weekend and I was tired when I got home.  A good tired, yes, but tired nonetheless.  I was glad my new security camera wasn't to be installed until Tuesday so I would have a day to get my head back into life.  I was looking forward to doing yard work too, as strange as that may seem but I do enjoy being outside.  Well, the rain took the yard work part out of my day as my grass will be high before I get a chance to cut it again.  Going to see my Mom each week and working out at the gym three days a week kind of eat away available time for yard maintenance.  I like doing it early when the day is cooler. 
  The other thing I had planned for the day was scheduled for 8 am.  We called them when they had not arrived by 9:30 and was told "Oh, we meant between 8 and 12".  Well, excuse me but if you meant between 8 and twelve you should have said that.   At 1:30 we called back as the serviceman had not arrived and were told they would be here soon.  A few minutes later I received a call saying they would be here between 3 and four.  At four thirty my wife called and explained to them that we no longer wanted the camera.  Then the company started telling my wife she didn't understand that service calls are done on a time range and not at a specific time. 
   
The company started offering her deals but she said no. The service man called and wanted to reschedule but she said no.  He offered to give her the security camera at no cost but she still said no.  He  tired to explain to her that she would receive a call 30 minutes before the service person was to arrive and she explained that didn't happen either. 

   If they could offer the equipment for free to cover their screw-up maybe they should have offered it for free to begin with.  Better yet, when they realized that they could not make the 8 to 12 window they had called and apologized and asked us if it would be convenient to reschedule for later in the day or for another day we would have been more understanding.  But no, they choose to keep us uninformed of what was going on thereby wasting our entire day awaiting their arrival.  I just don't think big companies know what customer service really means. 

No comments: