Sunday, October 23, 2016

My Last Day

    We have many last days during our life time.  Last day of school, last day on the job, last day in your home or apartment, last day you will ever see a close friend, last day in the military, etc. so this being a last day for me is really no big deal. 
  I have a disease of the hands that cause my fingers to curl, particularly the little and ring finger of each hand.  Tomorrow morning I am having both hands operated on so today will be the last day the tip of my little finger of my left hand touches the palm   and cannot be moved.  I know it will be a painful recovery and really inconvenient having both hands operated on at once but I would just like to get it over with.  My fingers are stiff so it is hard to grip things.  Typing is hard, clapping is impossible, and I cannot put one but one glove. 
  Well, today is the last day I have to put up with the inconvenience of curled fingers and stiff hands.  Soon, my fingers will be straight and more flexible. 

No comments: