Wednesday, October 12, 2016

We tried McDonald's, Wendy's, and Burger King's signature burgers — and the winner is unmistakable

The headline was taken from an MSN article about which chin serves the best burger:  McD's, BK, or Wendy's.  The article claimed the single from Wendy's was soggy, the big Mac was the perfect combo of burger to condiments, and the Whopper had too much bread.  Too much bread?  The Big Mac has a 3 piece bun.  Every time I've tried one, all I can taste is that secret sauce. 
  To tell the truth, the only thing I ever buy at McDonalds is a breakfast biscuit and coffee and I only buy the Carolina burger or chicken from Wendy's.  The burger at BK has that grilled out flavor which I like.  My favorite burger of the big chains is one from Hardees but they hire the dumbest cashiers and I don't always have time to wait. 
   Wendy's has the best customer service by far.  Often Burger King employees make you think you are an interruption of their bonding time. 
  As far as competition goes, Five Guys is always voted best burger but it really is the overwhelming amount of fries one gets that endears people to the chain.  My favorite place for a burger is Highway 55, formerly Andy's.  There one can get a burger anyway and in any size one wants.  They even have a shrimp burger.  I once ordered a burger all the way:  lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, jalapeno peppers,   slaw, and chili, with a side order of Texas Pete hot sauce. 
  Sometimes we eat at the closest place, sometimes we make a conscience choice.   Some like things one way and some like it the other.  I'm just glad we have choices because we are not all the same. 
Therefore I make the bold claim the best burger is the one you like the best. 
 

No comments: