Friday, April 14, 2017

Day off to a rough start

First, I awoke at 2 am and knew that I wasn't going back to sleep so I played on the computer and did my glucose test.  At 4 I fixed my breakfast; the usual with oatmeal and eggs and coffee.  I decided to add a few Rote tomatoes to my eggs and that is when things started to go wrong.  I dropped the bowl of tomatoes when putting them back into the fridge and took time to clean them up.  Meanwhile my eggs were overcooked and the oatmeal got dry.  I spilled a little coffee on the counter and had to clean that up too. 
  After I ate I realized I had not turned one of the stove burners off  so I did and since the pan was hot I decided to cool it off with cold water.  The cold water on a hot pan caused some steam which set off the fire alarms.  The security company called the fire department before calling me to cancel the alarm.  My poor wife has been woken up twice and it's only 4:45.  I sure hope the remainder of the day goes better.

No comments: