Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Garden News

 I already have my loaf of white bread and a jar of Dukes mayonnaise waiting in anticipation of that first ripe tomato.  I had a few of the salad tomatoes Monday with my New York Strip for lunch but I am so ready for that first bite of a tasty red tomato ripe from the garden.  That first celebrity looks to be around a pound in size, twice as big as average and it looks so delicious.  It is almost ripe now but I'll have to wait until Friday to eat it.  Today is my Moms 92nd birthday and judging from how she has been doing lately it is likely her last.
   I talked my two brothers into coming to celebrate it with me.  David ordered her a bouquet of flowers and I'll split the cost with him.  I baked her a strawberry cake (while she doesn't eat cake she will have it to share with family and friends).
  She loves tomatoes almost as much as I do so I planted three vines for her.  They are loaded with green ones but I doubt one will be ripe today.  I'm sure she will have a tomato or two when I go back in two weeks,

No comments: