Monday, June 12, 2017

News from the garden

  I have my biggest tomato turning red and one other tomato that is beginning to ripen.  I've picked a few small yellow tomatoes.  I'm not sure what kind but they are much bigger than cherry or grape tomatoes but about half the size of a roma.  I'm excited about my first tomato which I will eat later this week when it is fully ripe.  It is a celebrity but is much larger than average.  It is almost as big as a German Johnson. .  

   I should be picking squash and cucumbers by the end of this week or the first of next week.  I have already picked about half of my blueberry crop and I picked a few blackberries last week albeit of the wild variety.  My domestic blackberries are beginning to turn red so it will be soon I get to pick those big juicy berries.  

No comments: