Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Fishing at City Lake

  Randleman Lake is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so I usually go to City Lake on Tuesdays.   When Mom was alive I seldom got to go fishing because her hair dresser didn't work on Tuesdays either so I took her on Thursday.   Mom passed away the end of October 2017 so now I can go fishing more often.  I still prefer Tuesdays but Randleman Lake is still closed then so I still have to go elsewhere.
    The church is having a fellowship fishing trip this Saturday, the 23rd, and I wanted to try out some new bait.  The catfish bait stayed on the hook but drew no interest from the fish.  Plastic worms were ignored, and only the small fry were interested in night crawlers.  But the crap/catfish bait (strawberry flavored) drew a lot of interest from the fish.
   I brought my saltwater pole with me this time and rigged up a large hook with this bait and my first hit was a big one, perhaps the largest fish I had ever hooked.  but it will forever have to remain in the category of "the big one that got away" since my line snapped.  I supposed the filament was old since it has many in the reel for many a year.  

No comments: