Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Family reunion

  We are a small family: just three brothers, two wives and a girlfriend and we've never really been close.  It's been a year since I saw my older brother and two and a half years since I last saw my younger brother But we did get together last week in Blowing Rock, NC for a couple of days.
  I had a great time and I do believe the others enjoyed the time as well.
  My biggest fear was that we would get so involved in activities that we wouldn't have time to really talk with each other.  The first idea was to meet in Tennessee at Dollywood or that other place which is an amusement park.  To many people, to much walking, to many things to distract from the purpose of the visit.  My older brother and I opted for Blowing Rock.  It was a closer drive for the two of us plus my wife and I have health problems so a four hour drive is much to much for us.  My wife wouldn't be up for much walking and I don't think my older brother can venture very far on foot.  Blowing Rock was perfect for us.
  Friday, the only full day we had together was cold and windy and rainy which actually made things better.  We did venture out of the Green Park Inn to shop at one of the road side stands and to find a good restaurant  for lunch.  Even though we stopped in Blowing Rock itself for a little shopping, it was too much for my younger brothers wife as she got cold.  After our brief shopping trip, we rested at the motel for awhile then meet at the piano bar for some good easy music and some fun conversation.  We learned things about each other we didn't know and we left the next morning a closer and much happier group of brothers.

No comments: