Sunday, December 12, 2010

I could write a book

during the courseof my life I've heard many people express the sentiment "You should write a book about that" or say "I could write a book" yet few people attempt, relatively speaking and far fewer every succeed in finishing a book. It is fewer still who actually punish one and just a handful who actually make any money at it.

I think it is easier to becaome a professional athelete than it is a successful author. I was pleased when my first novel was accepted for publication becuase that put me in the companyof a select few. I have even been paid for an article I wrote for a magazine, so maybe that makes me a professional writer. I'm not quite sure what qualifies one to be called a professional or a successful writer.

I do know outside of that one small check, I have never made any money at writing.
People that have read my book have told me they really enjoyed it not many have been willing to fork over any money for it.

That's the wau it is in life.

But instead of saying, I could write a book, go ahead and do it. Have a copy self-published. Even that small step is far more than most people do. A small accomplishment true, but an accomplishment notheless.

See ya in church.

No comments: