Friday, December 24, 2010

What a difference

Since joining One Way Baptist I have noticed a change in myself. I have not made an effort to change but I am different somehow. I have noticed customers are opening up to me now and have even received some extra nice feed back from customers.

One lady told me I was sweet and another wanted to thank me personally for thwe extra effort made in processing her order. She noticed I was only wearing one hearing aid and asked if I was going to replace it. "I can't afford too" I said and she reached for her wallet to offer me some cash to help me buy another hearing aid. I thought she was going to cry there for a moment when I politely refused her offer.

I have always been good at my job but it was like I operated using a formula -going through the motions, as some would say. This year I seem to have more concern for the customer. I've always greeted them with a smile in a timely manner, listened to their problem, found the solution and watched them go on their way a satisfied customer. That's my job.

This wek I discovered one lady I've waited one for years has been a loyal Harris-Teeter customer for forty-five years. I could feel the love one customer had for her two sons as she picked up her childrens favorite food for the holidays.

There are less of us this year and business is more brisk than ever and it is very stressful but somehow it is all good this year.

See you in church.

No comments: