Saturday, January 08, 2011

A cold Day

I really look forward to gettinh home from work, especially during the colder months. I work in a cold environment and sometimes it seems I'll just never get warm.

Yesterday morning I woke to the faint smell of an electrical burn but I dismissed it because I wake for work not long after my wife retires for the day and thought perhaps it was an ordor lingering from something she might have cooked.

I arrived home from work a little after three yesterday afternoon to a very cold house. Yesterday was one of those very rare occasions when my wife works normal hours and thought perhaps she had cut the heat back to save some energy. I was not going to mess with the thermostat but it was just too cold so finally I decided to turn up the heat a little.

The thermostat didn't respond. I checked the unit in the back of the house to see if some theft sabotaged my AC unit but it was fine. I checked the circuit breaker box and the one to the AC/furnance had bee tripped so I flipped it back on but the furnance still wouldn't kick on and the thermostat still showed a blank dial.

I guess I will find out how much the repair man cost me after my wife wakes up in the morning. I know it will be more than it should because he had to meet a man in Hogh Point to get a new part because "the part on your unit is an odd one."

So what else is new?

No comments: