Thursday, January 13, 2011

Strange but true

A few years ago my aunt and uncle gave my mom a clock. It is a common type electric clock that is used by a bedside to tell time and to sound an alarm. It is an inexpensive model not unlike those one finds in any discount retailer. The only trouble with the clock is that it doesn't keep time very well.

The digital readout will advance 10 to 15 minutes every day so one has to either reset the clock four times a day, rely on an additional source to time, or replace the defective clock. I did that for her a year and a half ago.

I had also given Mom a digital clock that Christmas and had placed mine in her kitchen window so I just swapped the two clocks. I cannot remember if I plugged the defective clock in and later unplugged it or if I just never ever plugged it in but I do know the clock has been setting in her kitchen windowsill for the longest time.

Yesterday Mom noticed a faint light, glowing red, coming from the window. It was the unplugged digital alarm clock and the face where the time is usually displayed had a message.

The message said "Jesus is the answer".

No comments: