Monday, January 31, 2011

The weather

Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day while today promises to be anything but. Wednesday may be warm but also rainny. Winter isn't over by a long shot and with the word snow in the forcast next week, we might expect another panic at the grocery stores although that is usually not necessary.

Last week I was told "they changed the forcast and we are expecting bad snowstorms Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday."

Yea, that was true but only if one lived in the North East. North Carolina is not in the North East.

It may snow again this year. Winter isn't officially over until March 20th although snow after that date is always a possibility. Last year we did have some cold snaps after that date that spoiled some plantings of mine. I'll not make that mistake again this year. Most years my seedlings would have been okay but last year was just freaky because winter, although warm so they say, just didn't seem to want to go away. I'm hoping this year when its over, its over.

Still, I'll be mor cautious /this year in protecting my tender plants.

I've got my garden pace layed out and a brand new garden tiller to help me this year.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Days like yesteday have me dreraming of spring. People were firing up the grill yesterday and enjoying nature. Today, it's back inside, especially if we get any of the rain in the forecast.

Well, stay warm and stay dry and be in church on Sundays.

No comments: