Sunday, May 22, 2011

Missed You

I did notice you were not in church tonight, or at least you were not at One Way Baptist in Randleman. I missed you for I was hoping you would come. Tonight was a special night, the first step in a long walk of service.

I'm a quiet person and if I'm involved in something I believe in I want it to succeed. When I see a need I try my best to fill that need. Little things. I can't give enough to repair the floor at the church but I can ask for donations and give some towards the project. I saw a need for lawn care at the church so I purchased a new lawn mower to keep at the church so I could mow the grass. I furnished a fan for the pulpit area because it gets hot in that little area and the air conditioner will freeze the congregation before it gets that corner cool enough. Yea, my shed gets hot so I try to do my work in the shed during the cooler parts of the day.

We had a family once that seemed troubled and the preacher just couldn't get through to them. I managed too. No, it wasn't me really. It took several weeks of soul searching and prayer before God gave me the words to say.

No, I'm nothing special and do nothing special; just the little things that need to be done. Tonight the church just made it official.

Sorry you weren't there to share the moment with me. No, not for my honor for I deserve none but because you would have reeived a blessing from the many testimonies, the fellowship and the love our members show towards and for one another.

One day I will see you in church. Make it soon.

No comments: