Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pickles

A gallon of dill pickles at sams club is $5.88, much cheaper than even an extra large jar of Caussen pickles are at the grocery store, including Walmart. However, Mt. Olive pickles, while good, aren't nearly as good as Claussen.

Sometimes we have to make choices between what we can afford, and what we desire. I want a new pickup truck; I drive an old Echo. I can't afford to trade even for an old pick-up truck. Even at fourty plus mpg, the forty mile a day drive still hurts my wallet.

I've found that when buying things one needs to last, like furniture, it is best to my quality. Cheap stuff breaks, doesn't look as good, isn't as functional, and over the course of time will have to be replaced several times, actually costing more than the expensive stuff does.

For luxury items, like cars and jewerly, one should spend what they can afford.

For everyday, disposable items, one should find the best buy they can on the items they perfer. Like pickles.

I'd rather pay a little more and get something I really enjoy than save money and not like what I'm eating.

Sometimes though, we have to do without, or make a choice between two vital alternatives. Sometimes, that can put us in a real pickle.

No comments: