Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's fair?

She is to receive about $570,000 which works out to a little over $35,000.00 a year for the past 17 years. I suppose that is about an average income. In one way it seems like a lot of money, and it is. I could do a lot more with $570,000.00 than I could with $35000.00 a year.

Yea, I made that much working, just barely, but I did. But I enjoyed my home and my family and my freedom and I managed to save a goodly sum as well. Debra Brown didn't get to enjoy her family or home or friends.

Would you trade a year of your life for a year's income?

I didn't think so.

Too many innocent people are sent to prison.

I know that an attorney, any attorney, wants to win but winning should be getting the truth out into the open, not getting a conviction or a judgement for your side.

Some guilty go free for the same reasons that innocent people are convicted.

That's not justice.

No comments: