Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Groundhog day

Groundhog day has held my interest since I was old enough to know what groundhog day was.  I have never been a fan of cold weather so groundhog day has always been a special event, letting me know that there was still hope that winter did have an end.  I have always pulled for a prediction of an early end to winters cold, dark, grey, wet, sloppy existence  and an early coming of the buds and blooms of spring and the warmth of summer. 

This year we may have the beginning of spring befor the beginning of winter.  Whether this years weather is a result of global warming or a natural cycle is better left up to scientist to decide.  I am just happy that I have been   able to be outside working to clear the land at the church in hopes that one day we can put the property to better use than growing weeds on.     But as has happened in years past, we may go from winters to summers heat with hardly a glimpse of spring. 

There are just a few more trees to cut, one small section to clear, and lots of brush to carry off and ground to rack and my project at the church will be finished.  It really should not take more than four or five good days to finish up but I have a lot going on the next few weeks so it is hard finding the time to get the job done.  But it will get done. 

I know our church is tiny  but we have services that equal or surpass those of much larger churchs.  Once we start to grow, watch out.

No comments: